- A license to carry a concealed pistol issued on or after July 1, 2003, but before July 1, 2006, is valid for 5 years. A license to carry a concealed pistol issued or renewed on or after July 1, 2006, is valid until the applicant's date of birth that falls not less than 4 years or more than 5 years after the license is issued or renewed.
- An application is considered a renewal if the applicant has received a concealed pistol license under compliance of the training requirements set forth in the Act after July 1, 2001.
- A CPL license is renewed in the same manner as the original license (see Application Information). The cost for a renewal license is $105.
- Beginning January 1, 2007, an applicant who is applying for a renewal of a license is not required to have fingerprints taken again if the applicant's fingerprints have been submitted to and maintained by the Department of State Police for on-going comparison with the automated fingerprint comparison system. The Department of State Police began storing applicant fingerprints on January 1, 2006. Therefore, an applicant is not exempt from this requirement unless the last time fingerprints were submitted was after January 1, 2006.
- For an individual licensed after July 1, 2001, and subsequently applying for a renewal:
- Pistol safety training course is not required
- Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has: